Wednesday 6 August 2014

Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews, Dorian is a Rock Star

Firstly: Objects Of His Obsession is being reviewed on the fabulous Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews site, appearing on the 7th August. Today! Or tomorrow, depending on your time zone... I also do a video guest post! Yes, you can get to watch me opine and generally blather. That was a lot of fun, although I wound up with laryngitis trying to get it right! For anyone who watches it, apologies for the husky voice, I’ll post properly about it once the post is up on http://sinfullysexybooks.blogspot.com.au. Thanks again to everyone at Sinfully Sexy for allowing me the opportunity to talk about Objects, it was a giggle and I really enjoyed it.

Otherwise … aargh! Crazy busy, with a hell commute to the 9-5 I have taken on for the last couple of months – optimistic as ever, I’d thought it might be a three, three and a half hour drive a day max, but nooo! I’ve hit gold and it’s edging towards four.

Why drive, you say? Ask any Melburnian about our public transport system ;-) (Don’t get indignant and start yelling fellow Melbs, you know what I mean.)

So I’m gathering forces and squeezing in writing when I can, as in, not zombied between crazy work and crazy mad traffic, which is a situation I truly hate. I want to get back properly to writing, dammit!

In the meantime, watching the fabulous Penny Dreadful and loving it. For those who watch it, here’s a quiz: who would you rather be, Vanessa or Dorian?

I think Dorian. All the actors in that wonderful show are brilliant, but Dorian is a bad bad boy Victorian rock star. I’d happily be him for a day or two … or decade or many.

Speaking of which, I’m listening to lots of Iggy P and classic late 70’s and early 80’s stuff, writing about a rock star with a love life as complex as … hell, what can I say. I fall for my characters but do have fun torturing them with the angst and drama ;-)

Just because, I thought I’d throw in a photo of the dogs of the house. I think I may have put this up on my Twitter feed before, but we're lazy photo takers here and they’re adorable and a great start to this Thursday morning (6.30 am here, bloody hell).

Ciao my lovelies, I’m running late to start my hell commute!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment